Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Calculator
|Premium With Chosen Coverage||Premium With $50,000 Coverage||Premium With $100,000 Coverage|
Summary of Benefits:
Coverage Amount $10,000 / $25,000 / $100,000 / $150,000
Repatriation / Emergency Return Home Up to $3,000
Accidental Dental Repair $4,000
Dental Pain Relief Up to $500
Follow Up Treatment Up to $5,000
Prescription Medication Up to $1,000 for 1 month supply
Transportation of Family/Friend Up to $3,000
Attendant Up to $500
Out-of-pocket Expenses Up to $1,500
Services of chiropractor, osteopath, etc. $500 per category
Bedside Companion Up to $3,000
Return of Deceased Up to $10,000
Cremation/Funeral Up to $4,000
Hospitalization Up to sum insured
Emergency Medical Care Up to sum insured
Laboratory Diagnostics / X-Ray Up to sum insured
Medical Coverage on Your Flight to Canada Up to sum insured
Ambulance and Transportation Services Up to sum insured
Registered Nurse Services Up to $10,000
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Up to sum insured
Rental or Purchase of Medical Appliances
24-hour Travel Assistance Center
Trip Brakes Benefit:
Please note that with Allianz Global Assistance you do not have to cancel your medical insurance if you are going home for a little while. Your policy will remain active and valid for further entries to Canada before it expires. However, medical costs that are incurred in your country of origin will not be covered.
You can be eligible for medical emergencies coverage with Allianz Global Assistance while travelling around the globe. Under Side-Trips Benefit, the company will only cover medical expenses for emergencies that happen outside Canada or your country of origin. In order to qualify for you MUST spend more than 50% of your policy period time in Canada.
For a comprehensive list of health benefits, eligibility requirements and coverage exclusions, please carefully read a detailed plan description – Policy Wording.
To be eligible for coverage a person must be at least 15 days old and not more than 89 years old.
Coverage is NOT AVAILABLE to any individual who, as of their effective date:
– Has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
– Has been diagnosed with or has had an episode of congestive heart failure.
– Has had a lung condition for which, in the last 12 months, they have been prescribed or used home oxygen.
– Has been diagnosed with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
– Has had their most recent heart surgery more than 10 years ago.
– Has been diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 cancer, cancer of the lung, liver, pancreas, or bone; or has received treatment for any cancer (other than basal or squamous cell skin cancer or breast cancer treated only with hormone therapy) in the past 3 months.
– Has received or is awaiting a bone marrow or major organ transplant.
– Has been diagnosed with or received treatment for kidney disease requiring dialysis.
– Has been diagnosed with an aneurysm that has not been repaired.
– Requires assistance with daily living.
– No coverage is available after 2 years of uninterrupted use of Allianz Global Assistance insurance plan.
Please, read the appropriate section on Eligibility in the following document – Policy Wording.
No waiting period if an Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Policy is purchased prior to your departure from a country of origin or before the expiry date of an existing medical care plan with Allianz Global Assistance.
Any individual will be a subject to a 48-hour waiting period, if:
a) The policy is purchased after the expiry date of an existing Allianz Global Assistance policy.
b) The policy is purchased after you exit your country of origin.
Please note that there will be no refund issued, if a claim has been made.
Full Refunds will be available for individuals, who:
– Cancel their Allianz Global Assistance insurance policies within the first 10 days of purchase before the effective date.
– Cancel their entire trip to Canada before the effective date. However, Cancellation fee may apply.
– Have received a refusal for the Super Visa.
Partial Refunds are issued to individuals, who:
– Cancel their insurance policy due to early departure to country of their origin without any intention of coming back to Canada.
– Become eligible for and covered by the Provincial Health Plan.
Partial refunds are based on daily insurance premiums and a number of days left on the policy before the expiration date. Cancellation fee may apply.
Refund amounts less than the minimum premium ($20) will not be issued.
Please refer to Allianz Global Assistance plan description’s section on Premium Refunds – Policy Wording.
In order to request a refund, please contact one of our Insurance Advisors.
Making a Claim with Allianz Global Assistance:
If there is a medical emergency, you or someone on your behalf has to notify Allianz Global Assistance Emergency Assistance Center immediately, if it is possible, or within the first 24 hours of hospital admission. Failure to contact Allianz Global Assistance, with no solid reason, will reduce the payable insurance benefits by 20%.
Allianz Global Assistance Emergency Assistance Center is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
– Toll-Free – 1.800.995.1662 (within Canada & USA)
– Toll Free – 800.842.08420 (Worldwide)
In order to file a claim you will need to:
– Fill out a Claim Form and attach all original medical receipts for treatment and prescription medication.
– Send the form with your receipts to 2100-250 Yonge Street, Toronto ON, Canada M5B 2L7
Note that claim must be reported within the first 30 days and it must be filed within 90 days of occurrence. Please read the Policy Wording in order to find out more about claim process.
Click to View – Allianz Global Assistance | Policy Wording