Manulife Plan A Insurance Calculator
|Premium With Chosen Coverage||Premium With $50,000 Coverage||Premium With $100,000 Coverage|
Summary of Benefits: Manulife Financial – Super Visa Insurance
|Sum Insured||$100,000 / $150,000|
|Emergency Dental Repair||$4,000|
|Relief of Dental Pain||Up to $300|
|Expenses for Childcare||Up to $300|
|Out-of-pocket Expenses||$150 a day / $1,500 total|
|Medical Services of chiropractor, osteopath, etc.||$500 per category|
|Transportation of Bedside Companion||Up to $3,000|
|Accommodation of Bedside Companion||Up to $300|
|Services of a Private Duty Nurse||Up to sum insured|
|Follow Up Treatment Visits||Covered until a physician declares an end of emergency|
|Prescription Medications||Up to sum insured|
|Hospitalization Services||Up to sum insured|
|Emergency Medical Coverage||Up to sum insured|
|X-Ray & Laboratory Diagnostics||Up to sum insured|
|Ambulance Services||Up to sum insured|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||Up to $50,000|
|Repatriation of Remains||$3,000|
|Cremation / Burial||Up to $3,000|
|Emergency Home Return||Covered cost of an Economy Class ticket or Air Ambulance|
|Purchase or Rental of Medical Appliances||Up to sum insured|
Trip Breaks Benefit:
With Super Visa Insurance form Manulife, you are eligible for Trips breaks in case you decide to pay a short visit your country of origin without cancelling the insurance coverage. Note that Manulife does NOT cover any costs incurred in your home-country during the visit. In order to be eligible for a Trip Break benefit you must contact Manulife Assistance Center.
Side-Trips benefit is available for Manulife’s Super Visa Insurance holders while they are travelling outside Canada, excluding their home countries and any other country, where they are eligible for the government-funded health insurance. Side-Trips benefit is designed to cover the costs for medical emergency treatment outside Canada. To qualify for and receive the Side-Trips benefits you MUST physically remain in Canada for more than 50% of you insurance coverage period.
Policy Wording is an official plan description document issued by the Manulife Financial that outlines applicable limitations, policy conditions, covered benefits as well as claim and refund guidelines.
Click to view – Manulife | Policy Wording.
Determine Your Eligibility:
Manulife’s Super Visa Insurance is NOT AVAILABLE to you, in case:
– You are under 30 days old or over 85 years old.
– You have been advised not to travel by a physician.
– You have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 24 months to live.
– You have a kidney condition requiring dialysis.
– At the application date, you have used or been prescribed home oxygen during the last 12 months.
– You have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or any other form of dementia.
– You reside in a nursing home, home for the aged, other long term care facility or rehabilitation center.
– You require assistance with activities of daily living.
See a complete list of Eligibility Requirements in a Policy Wording – Manulife | Policy Wording.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Coverage:
• Plan A: Does NOT include the coverage for stable pre-existing medical conditions.
• Plan B: provides comprehensive coverage for pre-existing medical conditions that have been stable for the last 180 days prior to the effective date.
No waiting Period applies to your insurance policy, if you have purchased it BEFORE arriving in Canada.
Waiting Period applies to all claims::
– 48-hour period – the insurance is purchased within the first 30 days of arrival in Canada.
– 8-day period – the insurance is purchased after 30 days following your arrival in Canada
How to Get a Refund of Insurance Premium?
Important Notice: NO premium refunds are issued in case you have made a claim with a Super Visa medical emergency insurance from Manulife Financial.
Full Premium Refunds:
– You request a cancellation of your insurance plan before the effective date.
– Your Super Visa application is rejected.
Partial Premium Refunds:
– You return to your home-country before your Manulife’s Super Visa insurance policy expires and the refund will be calculated from the day you left Canada.
– You become eligible for and covered with any Government Health Insurance Plan during the coverage period of Manulife’s policy. This particular refund is calculated from the date your provincial insurance coverage starts.
In order to request a refund, please contact one of our Insurance Advisors.
How to Make a Claim with Manulife?
If you require immediate medical attention due to an emergency, you or someone on your behalf has to notify Manulife Emergency Assistance Center right away, if it is physically possible in order to have the expenses covered.
Manulife Assistance Center is available 24 / 7.
– Toll-Free – 1-877-878-0142 (USA and Canada)
– Collect – 1-519-251-5166 (worldwide)
Please, follow the steps outlined below to proceed with submitting a claim:
– Fill out a Claim Form that is either sent to you or you were told where to get it by Assistance Centre Representative and attach all original receipts for treatment and prescription drugs.
– Send the completed Claim form and your receipts to the following address:
Manulife Financial Travel Insurance
c/o Active Care Management
P.O. Box 1237 Stn. A
See the Policy Wording for a complete set of guidelines on how to submit your claim.
Click to view – Manulife | Policy Wording.